hows your bootable usb stick made?
Mine boots using syslinux and in syslinux.cfg I can specify the timeout (=time to alter boot options)
Hi, I've found numerous lists of knoppix boot options or cheatcodes, and have used boot options in other distributions so I had no trouble finding the toram option I need. The problem is that as I boot microknoppix from a usb stick there is no boot menu. Is there some way to call up a menu or do I need to modify the bootable usb? I have tried and failed to find an answer to this so any help would be appreciated.
hows your bootable usb stick made?
Mine boots using syslinux and in syslinux.cfg I can specify the timeout (=time to alter boot options)
Thanks for your help.
I was looking for configuration in "/", "/etc" and "/boot" on the mounted system and wondering why "/boot/grub/menu.lst" wasn't doing anything. But I just ran a search for "syslinux.cfg", found it in "/mnt-system" and got "toram" to work. I should have ran "df" from the start, not used to the way knoppix mounts things.
Ok, so it seems that editing the text file has broken the compressed knoppix image. Time to start from scratch but I should get it right this time.
normally if you edit the syslinux.cfg file (located in /mnt-system == the root of your usb stick) you wont break the compressed knoppix image.
If you plug your usb stick in a computer running linux-windows (your choice) you will be able to undo the changes.
anyway, good luck

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99