-
could not find any free loop devices
I have an old knoppix-data.img file that I need to get some data out of. I am running knoppix 6.2.1. I have tried adding the max_loop=64 to the ramdisk lines in /mnt-system/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg file, and running the [ for ((i=8;i<64;i++)) do mknod loop$i b 7 $ done ] command. When I try to run [ mount -o loop /media/sda3/NewFolder/knoppix-data.img /tmp/KDold ] it always says, "mount: could not find any free loop devices" I have done this sucessfully once in the past, but forgot if there was another command that I need to do in there somewhere.
Could someone please help me access the old data file? Yes, I have rebooted the system several times.
-
ah, that damn bug back again 
what you can do is
Code:
mount -o loop=/dev/loop2 ...
or
Code:
rm -r -f /dev/loop
mount -o loop /media...
and what I did was adding the line
to rc.local
I suggest the first option if it's for 1 time.
-
thank you. Option 1 worked. had to manualy create KDold, but the rest was just plug and play.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES
$85.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )
$24.99