-
could not find any free loop devices
I have an old knoppix-data.img file that I need to get some data out of. I am running knoppix 6.2.1. I have tried adding the max_loop=64 to the ramdisk lines in /mnt-system/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg file, and running the [ for ((i=8;i<64;i++)) do mknod loop$i b 7 $ done ] command. When I try to run [ mount -o loop /media/sda3/NewFolder/knoppix-data.img /tmp/KDold ] it always says, "mount: could not find any free loop devices" I have done this sucessfully once in the past, but forgot if there was another command that I need to do in there somewhere.
Could someone please help me access the old data file? Yes, I have rebooted the system several times.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance
$29.99

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67