thanks, I really like number 1 and 3![]()
Some One-Liners for Knoppix 6.4.4 LiveUSB made from LiveCD:
/etc/X11/Xsession, change line 77 to read
exec >"$ERRFILE" 2>&1 # was originally exec >>"$ERRFILE" 2>&1
Cuts back on accumulation of hidden file ~/.xsession-errors.
Defined /etc/X11/Xsession.d/15x11-synaptics as
synclient "TouchpadOff=1"
One-line config file disables laptop touchpad in favor of external mouse.
I made mine root:root, since the other Xsession.d files were so.
Add two one-liners and a comment to /etc/syslog-knoppix.conf
to reinstate /var/log/kern.log and /var/log/syslog:
# Add back kern.log and syslog Note: tab separates the two fields.
kern.* /var/log/kern.log
*.*;auth,authpriv.none /var/log/syslog
I use the following line to let me know when /etc/rc.local is done.
aplay -vv /usr/lib/libreoffice/basis3.3/share/gallery/sounds/ok.wav
Depending on where you live, changing URLs for repos in Synaptic
from '.de' to '.us' may speed up some downloads. Look under
Preferences/Synaptic/Settings/Repos/('URI' must be German for 'URL')
sylinux.cfg, change the first line to read
DEFAULT knoppix no3d edd=off fromhd=/dev/sdb1 nonetworkmanager
Disables Compiz, Network Manager & edd testing; points to KNOPPIX
location on USB. All these help make 6.4.4 more responsive or help
get on-line quicker. Of course, you need an alternative to Network
Manager for this to really play out. I have mine; it's just a few
lines added to /etc/rc.local.
thanks, I really like number 1 and 3![]()

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$325.99
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37
Dell Latitude XPi CD P150ST Vintage Computer - Not Working
$70.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Gigabyte MB Computer Bundle Memory Harddrive Solid State Drive Graphics
$115.00
Vintage HP Omnibook 530 With Built-in Mouse
$300.00
VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00
Vintage HP DVD Writer dvd210i Internal IDE Drive Q2116A BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED
$58.85