Nfs stale locks can be overcome by remounting /UNIONFS. Here is the problem, with a (kinda) clean knoppix I can't unmount an aufs mount point, just mounting.
Is this normal?
Can I fix this easily?
Nfs stale locks can be overcome by remounting /UNIONFS. Here is the problem, with a (kinda) clean knoppix I can't unmount an aufs mount point, just mounting.
Is this normal?
Can I fix this easily?
If you mount your own aufs mount point, you should be able to umount it.
However if you want to umount KNOPPIX mount point, you can't do it.
I mentioned this sometime ago, but probably no one notices it and no one bothers about it.
As result, when Knoppix shutdowns down, knoppix does not manage to umount everything before it halts. PROBABLY it does not matter if you mount the persistent file over file system such as VFAT and ext2/ext3. But if you mount Knoppix persistent file over NTFS, Knoppix kills the fuse process before shutdown and and it can corrupt the persistent file system.
If you ask is this normal, then I would say it is not normal but it is a knoppix behaviour.
Yes this can be fixed but perhaps not so easily. In my own customization I umount EVERYTHING before shutdown down.Can I fix this easily?

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00
Seagate Exos ST20000NM003C 20TB CMR 7200RPM SATA6Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive
$509.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99