Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: fusecompress on knoppix-data.img?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    123
    Well kl522, I want to unmount the /UNIONFS mount point and then remount that. For some crazy reason I am not able to do this.
    And it would be great if you could share your fixes with us as your solution seems way cleaner compared to the default knoppix behaviour

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosoep View Post
    Well kl522, I want to unmount the /UNIONFS mount point and then remount that. For some crazy reason I am not able to do this.
    And it would be great if you could share your fixes with us as your solution seems way cleaner compared to the default knoppix behaviour
    Before I share with you how I accomplish "clean unmounting' of the entire KNOPPIX system, I would like to understand a bit more. Can you explain to us why do you want to unmount /UNIONFS and then remount it ?

    If you are trying to do all this in the middle of system running, I think the chances of it succeeding will be slim. If you are trying to do this while the system is shutting down, chances of it succeeding will be higher. Because to umount /UNIONFS you will have to kill the processes which are using the file system.

    I succeeded in umount /UNIONFS, /KNOPPIX-DATA and /mnt-system, but all these are done during system shutdown.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND 2.5” SATA III SSD picture

WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND 2.5” SATA III SSD

$40.00



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00