Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Tar to KNOPPIX

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1

    Tar to KNOPPIX

    Hey all,

    I had some trouble while copying files to remaster knoppix, so I threw them all into a tar file and (over an extended period of time) was able to edit the few files I needed and save them into the tar file, however now I'm in a predicament. The tar file won't allow me to extract everything because of the same errors that I was getting in knoppix (even as root) and I have no idea how to convert the tar file into the KNOPPIX compressed file that's on the CD's.

    Anyone have some advice? I'm running Knoppix 6.2, and the errors I get are all about the file types (special block and such) not being allowed to be moved.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    123
    if you cant extract it with tar -xvf ... There is little hope

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    802
    I would have looked into what produced the problems in the first place. One safe thing to do, is to create a new cloop device, loop-mount a (copy of a) KNOPPIX image on that, and rsync it into a directory for further remastering. That should be unproblematic, no open files, no special files etc. I also wonder why you care remastering Knoppix 6.2,X, as quite a few bugs from these versions are fixed in 6.4.4, and you might get version conflicts working with older packages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Golf Challenge - Sierra On-Line - 1982 / Atari 400/800 picture

Golf Challenge - Sierra On-Line - 1982 / Atari 400/800

$199.95



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Atari St Diskette Lot Spot Tested Mostly Games 177+ Disks Some Original Tetris picture

Atari St Diskette Lot Spot Tested Mostly Games 177+ Disks Some Original Tetris

$296.65



SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800

$59.99



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari St Diskette Lot Spot Tested Utilities Back Up Games 98 Disks Uncle Pervo picture

Atari St Diskette Lot Spot Tested Utilities Back Up Games 98 Disks Uncle Pervo

$127.42



VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair picture

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair

$323.75



GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats picture

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats

$35.00