-
Starting X when remastering..
Hi... I just got the KNOPPIX 6.2.1 and I'm following the http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto
but when I want to start the X so I can configure the icons, graphically choose which packages to install, etc. i can't.. when I run startx the X opens up an closes before loads anything... it gives the following error
Code:
(EE) ioctl EVIOCGNAME failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
(EE) PreInit returned NULL for ""A4Tech Wireless Battery Free Optical Mouse""
(EE) ioctl EVIOCGNAME failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
(EE) PreInit returned NULL for ""Macintosh mouse button emulation""
waiting for X server to shut down error setting MTRR (base = 0xc0000000, size = 0x10000000, type =1) Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
the only way I can enter the lxde is by running init 5 but the I won't be chrooted...
how can I solve this? please??
Similar Threads
-
By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 29
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
-
By brlund in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-26-2003, 01:19 AM
-
By mikeypants in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 15
Last Post: 07-29-2003, 06:50 PM
-
By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 11
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM
-
By cp2302 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-19-2002, 09:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules
$599.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper ACX7100-48L-DC-AO / 48 ports of 10/25/50GbE SFP56
$25995.00

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99