-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
kl522
Yes I am. Because I update my kernel very often, each time I have to match it against the correct version of aufs. I have compiled aufs kernel module too many times already.
If you compile from latest sourceforge version from the developer, it is surely OK. My concern was about the "correct" version of aufs.

Originally Posted by
kl522
I don't know what "essential" libraries you are talking about. A typical aufs user does not even use the aufs tools. Even knoppix does not use the aufs tools ! Only in rare occasions that you need to use the aufs utils or tools.
"Essential" is of course a relative concept. As a new example, on Friday an error message appeared on R-help: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]
A possible explanation, mentioned by Brian Ripley, is Debian's versions of the lapack and blas libraries. When Debian is used on a scientific/engineering workstation, those libraries are surely essential, even though the vast majority of users don't use them. They could, however, crop up anywhere, embedded in image processing routines, games etc.
A more actual example is provided by this thread: Use of aufs-tools to make no-wear Knoppix versions for flash memory. With widespread use, those tools could migrate into the "essential" category, I think.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00

VINTAGE DEC VT240-BA VIDEO GRAPHICS TERMINAL, VR201-B VS240-B LK401-AA & CABLE
$500.00

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00