-
Knoppix uses aufs2, this is like a more improved version of unionfs (according to kl522 I don't know enough to compare both of them).
You can specify branches and mount them over eachother and also specify the operations that can be performed on them WITHIN the unionfs space.
So say I have a writeable directory A and another B, then I can mount A over B and say that A is read-only while in fact it is read-write.
This way I can make it save all unionfs changes to the ramdisk and also run another script to bypass the unionfs read-only limitation and that script exists, it's called "aubrsync".
This all sounded too good to be true and in fact it is
there is one catch and that is that aufs-tools need to be installed and be the same version as the one that was used to patch the kernel. Too bad I have no idea what that is...
I am currently trying to compile the newest version without succes, I'll continue my quest tomorrow
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Crucial 32GB Single DDR4 3200 MHz PC4-25600 Desktop Memory 288-Pin CT32G4DFD832A
$200.00

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00