Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Microknoppix boot options

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3

    Question Microknoppix boot options

    Hi, I've found numerous lists of knoppix boot options or cheatcodes, and have used boot options in other distributions so I had no trouble finding the toram option I need. The problem is that as I boot microknoppix from a usb stick there is no boot menu. Is there some way to call up a menu or do I need to modify the bootable usb? I have tried and failed to find an answer to this so any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    123
    hows your bootable usb stick made?
    Mine boots using syslinux and in syslinux.cfg I can specify the timeout (=time to alter boot options)

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks for your help.

    I was looking for configuration in "/", "/etc" and "/boot" on the mounted system and wondering why "/boot/grub/menu.lst" wasn't doing anything. But I just ran a search for "syslinux.cfg", found it in "/mnt-system" and got "toram" to work. I should have ran "df" from the start, not used to the way knoppix mounts things.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3
    Ok, so it seems that editing the text file has broken the compressed knoppix image. Time to start from scratch but I should get it right this time.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    123
    normally if you edit the syslinux.cfg file (located in /mnt-system == the root of your usb stick) you wont break the compressed knoppix image.
    If you plug your usb stick in a computer running linux-windows (your choice) you will be able to undo the changes.

    anyway, good luck

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD picture

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD

$799.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections

$63.00