Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: 6.4.4 Live & Nvidia logs in as root ??

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6

    6.4.4 Live & Nvidia logs in as root ??

    I'm trying out Knoppix 6.4.4 via a Live USB. If I just boot normally, everything except Compiz works out of the box... wireless USB, sound, screen resolution, everything. Wow, impressive! My video card is an oldish Nvidia GeForce 6150LE.

    So, after reading knoppix-cheatcodes.txt and searching these forums, I gave boot option xmodule=nv a try. What happens is it drops me to console as root@Microknoppix, and if I just let it sit there it will prompt me to reboot after about a minute, saying maybe my card is not autoconfigurable. But if I go ahead and enter startx before the minute is up I get logged in with Compiz and everything else working, only as root, of course.

    I'm wondering what is going on, and whether I can log in as Knoppix with Compiz working before I make the USB persistent. Many thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6
    Well, that ended up being easy... boot parameter xmodule=nouveau and Compiz is working perfectly in the knoppix acoount. Solved.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01