Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Could not create mount point '/mnt/auto/cdrom1'

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2

    Could not create mount point '/mnt/auto/cdrom1'

    I was trying to burn a cd. I get all the way to where I add files to be burned. I go to pick a device and there are none there. I try to setup the device and then it tries to make the cange to /etc/fstab. This is where I get the above error.

    Here is output from fstab:

    proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
    pts /dev/pts devpts mode=0622 0 0
    /dev/fd0 /mnt/auto/floppy auto user,noauto,exec,umask=000 0 0
    /dev/cdrom /mnt/auto/cdrom auto user,noauto,exec,ro 0 0
    /dev/cdrom1 /mnt/auto/cdrom1 auto users,noauto,exec,ro 0 0
    # Added by KNOPPIX
    /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ntfs noauto,users,exec,ro,uid=knoppix,gid=knoppix 0 0
    # Added by KNOPPIX
    /dev/hdb5 /mnt/hdb5 ntfs noauto,users,exec,ro,uid=knoppix,gid=knoppix 0 0
    # Added by KNOPPIX
    /dev/hdb6 /mnt/hdb6 ntfs noauto,users,exec,ro,uid=knoppix,gid=knoppix 0 0
    # Added by KNOPPIX
    /dev/hdb7 /mnt/hdb7 ntfs noauto,users,exec,ro,uid=knoppix,gid=knoppix 0 0
    # Added by KNOPPIX
    /dev/sda /mnt/sda auto noauto,users,exec 0 0

    /dev/scd0 /mnt/auto/cdrom auto ro,noauto,user,exec 0 0

    How do I get around this?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Sounds like you're using K3b. Don't let it configure your fstab- in my experience it will just wreck it. Look at this thread

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2
    I looked at that post. Trouble it, I go to configure and then devices. There are no devices there. I try to add the one I want and it tells me there is no device there.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Could not create mount point '/mnt/auto/cdrom1'

    Quote Originally Posted by milne

    /dev/scd0 /mnt/auto/cdrom auto ro,noauto,user,exec 0 0

    How do I get around this?
    Change it to :
    Code:
    /dev/scd0       /cdrom     iso9660    ro,noauto,user     0 0

Similar Threads

  1. mount point cdrom resolved
    By plener in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-22-2006, 11:07 AM
  2. Auto Mount?
    By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-26-2005, 02:04 AM
  3. problems with create auto mounted file systems
    By Reven in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-12-2004, 08:13 AM
  4. Why Knoppix is auto create the /etc/fstab in every boot ???
    By fowlertrainer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 09:10 PM
  5. Auto Mount after booting from CD
    By mahdi in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 07:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH picture

NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH

$225.00



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD  🚚 picture

HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD 🚚

$140.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis

$274.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Empty Chassis XJ6VP picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Empty Chassis XJ6VP

$149.99



NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW picture

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW

$599.40



Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers* picture

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*

$159.99