Hi, jacksbutler.
One way is to edit the first line of /mnt-system/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg.
Just add or change some of the default cheat-codes.
Make a copy of syslinux.cfg like syslinux.cfg.orig just in case.
I have Knoppix 6.4.4 installed on my laptop (Dell) and all works wonderfully. The power management os unbelievable! Was just wondering if there is a way of altering the boot sequence in the root menu so that I don't have to keep editing it when I boot up? Specifically I want to change the language to xkeyboard=gb and the time sequence to europe/london and want to do it so that it is kept once changed. Any ideas as to how I do this? Thanks.
Hi, jacksbutler.
One way is to edit the first line of /mnt-system/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg.
Just add or change some of the default cheat-codes.
Make a copy of syslinux.cfg like syslinux.cfg.orig just in case.
p.s.
I'm assuming your 6.4.4 is a Live USB like mine, of course.
Something similar will apply to an HDD install.
I'm not sure but when you do a hdd install I'm afraid it uses grub, in this case edit the lines in
/boot/grub/grub.conf
Try first utu's suggestion
Hi and thanks for the help. I cannot find /mnt-system/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg anywhere? I edited the grub conf, but could not save it? Any ideas? Thanks a lot.
Hi, again, jacksbutler.
Looks like your setup is not like mine at all. Sorry.
Maybe dinosoep can steer you better.
FWIW, I don't have a grub.conf, but I do note that my /boot/grub
files are root:root. In which case if I wanted to edit grub.conf
I would need to start out with
sudo leafpad /boot/grub/grub.conf
so I could save my edits.
Hi utu and thanks a lot. My grub is in sda2, so I just amended your instructions to sudo leafpad/sda2/boot/grub, amended the list, saved and it all worked! Many thanks.

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit USB Flash Drive
$25.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM
$19.95
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99