-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
yusasen
Just last question.
1-How can I remove all packages other than drivers and install VBox.OSE from knoppix. ?
2-Where Knoppix locates Virtualbox configuration files ?
1. I don't think many care to know exactly which packages are minimally needed, so I would suggest you check out the package selection in some minimal distro, preferably a Knoppix derivative, and compare that package selection with the one in your running Knoppix version to single out candidates for dropping. You will find some hints about tools in remastering notes. But very often, you just ask for problems when you discard seemingly useless packages.
2. I would be a bit surprised if Knoppix has its own way of storing configuration files for a standard program like Virtualbox, and if you find it has, I think you should contact Klaus Knopper about it. At least the startup-script virtualbox-ose in /etc/init.d seems to be the generic one. Knoppix normally does things the Debian way, which may differ from other distros. Whenever a program becomes a central tool to me, like Virtualbox clearly is for you, I find out as much as possible about the setup from manuals, howtos etc
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

OPNsense Firewall Router VMware Edge 640 Atom C3758 32GB ECC RAM 256GB SSD 10Gbe
$284.99