-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
yusasen
Just last question.
1-How can I remove all packages other than drivers and install VBox.OSE from knoppix. ?
2-Where Knoppix locates Virtualbox configuration files ?
1. I don't think many care to know exactly which packages are minimally needed, so I would suggest you check out the package selection in some minimal distro, preferably a Knoppix derivative, and compare that package selection with the one in your running Knoppix version to single out candidates for dropping. You will find some hints about tools in remastering notes. But very often, you just ask for problems when you discard seemingly useless packages.
2. I would be a bit surprised if Knoppix has its own way of storing configuration files for a standard program like Virtualbox, and if you find it has, I think you should contact Klaus Knopper about it. At least the startup-script virtualbox-ose in /etc/init.d seems to be the generic one. Knoppix normally does things the Debian way, which may differ from other distros. Whenever a program becomes a central tool to me, like Virtualbox clearly is for you, I find out as much as possible about the setup from manuals, howtos etc
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key&
$69.90

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99