Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix 6.4.4 And VirtualBox.OSE

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7

    Knoppix 6.4.4 And VirtualBox.OSE

    1- Before I was using Knoppix 6.2.1 and I was reaching virtualbox from KMenu(K) > System Tools > VirtualBox.ose
    But in 6.4.4 VirtualBox is missing. When I check package manager. It shows installed. How can I reach it again?

    2-In windows Virtualbox configuration files are located in Documents and settings/User/Virtualbox
    In knoppix where are they located ? And how can I relocate them?

    3-When I booting Knoppix it can't pass "Starting Udev (Audio,Graphic,Inputs) stage . Or taking more than 10 minut. But when I start with "knoppix testcd" cheat code it's booting. How can I solwe this?

    thanks for advance..


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    123
    a quick "solution" is using noudev boot option.
    Virtualbox isn't installed, only the guest additions. This way you can install 6.4.4 in a virtualbox machine and have guest additions immediatly installed with it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Vintage Linux DVD - Knoppix 5.2 - c't Magazine - 7 / 2007 - Software Collection 2 picture

Vintage Linux DVD - Knoppix 5.2 - c't Magazine - 7 / 2007 - Software Collection 2

$7.84



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.59