-
Senior Member
registered user
@ Klaus
I'll try that again, but I think something's broken here.
Do you know of a successful instance of VB with my hardware setup?
If so, that would motivate me to persevere.
The ticket 5343 docket is pretty discouraging; I interpret it to
indicate lots of folks with my hardware setup are not getting the
results they'd expect with a Win7 host arrangement.
@ Capricorny
You force me to reveal yet another layer of my ignorance.
I think I've done poor man's installs to linux-formatted partitions,
but I thought the rule was NEVER to write linux stuff to ntfs.
Virtual box didn't seem like a violation of that rule.
Kindly point me to some reading material.
Re-formatting was my initial interest; VirtualBox is interesting,
but I can come back to that.
@ Werner
One thing I do know; I don't want to further partition the hard drive
on this laptop. As it stands, I don't have to worry about grub or lilo,
I can select my OS-du-jour just by using the built-in media select
to use HDD/DVD or USB. If I can do a 'poor-man's install' to the ntfs
without clobbering the Win7, that'll probably serve. That's where all
my Gbs are right now.
Again, thanks to all.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$385.00

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00