-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm learning that Win7 may have a capability itself like VirtualBox,
and that VirtualBox uses an M$ format to do its thing:
Wikipedia says:
"Third-party products also use VHD file format. VirtualBox, part of
Sun xVM line of Sun Microsystems supports VHD in versions 2 and
later." Where VHD was earlier described as Virtual Hard Drive,
a Microsoft-acquired format.
It wasn't clear if Win7 Home Premium would have a VHD capability;
maybe only an Enterprise/Server level of Win7?
And I found this:
http://www.3dhomejoe.info/jsite/uploads/vhd.pdf
And I note I can display a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) that
looks like the pdf examples.
The MMC on my Home Premium Win7 looks like it might be capable of
doing a lot of manipulation, including formatting to fat or ntfs. Not clear
what the implication is of some other formatting, say ext or reiser.
I hope this is converging toward an accommodation of Werner's re-
mastering, Capricorny's poor-man's install and my up-till-now
unused ntsf capability. This still feels like re-partioning by another name,
and diddling with the Win7 install is problematic.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99