Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
I'm learning that Win7 may have a capability itself like VirtualBox,
and that VirtualBox uses an M$ format to do its thing:

Wikipedia says:

"Third-party products also use VHD file format. VirtualBox, part of
Sun xVM line of Sun Microsystems supports VHD in versions 2 and
later." Where VHD was earlier described as Virtual Hard Drive,
a Microsoft-acquired format.

It wasn't clear if Win7 Home Premium would have a VHD capability;
maybe only an Enterprise/Server level of Win7?
VHD ( virtual harddisk ) and virtual machine (VM) are different thing. Well,
a VM might use VHD, but having VHD only is no where near to having
the capability of VM. It's like you have the wheels it does not mean you
have the car. I am not sure if the Oracle's VM ( virtualbox ) is
able to use M$ VHD, but that's the last thing I need to worry about. When
you create a VM, the VM creates VHD automatically.