-
Senior Member
registered user
@ Werner
The 'first-hard-drive' nomenclature is in the prompts
that come up during 'Knoppix-install-to-hd'. I'm really
finding this a tough slog, not knowing what next to
expect. I have the following suggestion for your Summary
page, that you have an opening paragraph entitled
Pre-requisites. I am coming to the conclusion that the
following at least must be anticipated (and I didn't):
1. A working VirtualBox or VMWare Player setup, and
some familiarity of working with such setup starting from
a working iso. I'm not at all sure Windows 7 qualifies
as an adequate host, either.
2. Previously prepared linux and linux-swap partitions of
some dimension or other of adequate size for the work
intended.
3. The usual expected familiarity with command line
operations and synaptics, with some notion of just what
changes might be interested in a re-mastering effort.
That is, what programs to add, which to remove. And
probably a good working familiarity with boot processes
is also necessary.
I'm sure this is old hat to you and others, but items one
and two are real speed bumps to those of us even fairly
well into Windows and Linux as working distributions, but
not versed in all the behind the scenes necessary for really
'involved' enterprises like re-mastering.
This lack of spelling out the prerequisites is a pervasive
negative characteristic of a lot of the interesting cutting
edge discussions on this forum, I might add. Poor-man's-
install comes to mind.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$95.99

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00