-
Senior Member
registered user
Small update:
I'm now finished with the first round of Knoppix package selection installation on a Debian 6.0.1-64 system with LXDE/Openbox. The majority of packages could be found in repositories, but there will probably be quite a bit of compiling necessary here, too. Knoppix and std Debian differed more in the package selection than I would have expected. And I already miss the simple backup with Knoppix!
It may be a coincidence, but I have had quite a bit of hardware-related trouble with std Debian - on a machine that runs Knoppix without a glitch.
And things run a bit faster on 64-bits, though differences depend very much on tasks. I have noticed between 0 and 30% speedup so far.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00