The system seems to work well in daily use, but I have of course not been able to test it thoroughly. Now I have installed almost all packages from the DVD version, except for the games category, and system size is now ca 13 GB, whereof ca 1GB in /var etc. With duplication of OpenOffice/LibreOffice and some packages left over from the Debian 6.0.1 install, "necessary" space for a DVD-like version with enhancements seems to be ca 12GB, I think that is a 10-20% increase over 32-bits version.

This means that it's probably hard to fit everything in one 4GB cloop image, but we may use as many such as we like, and everything will still fit on a 8GB pendrive.

Still lacking is jBoss and a few Java packages (too old versions in Debian repos), but I have installed Oracle XE11g beta. Converted from rpm with alien - seemed to work well, but haven't tested. The only major problem has been with postgresql, can't get it to install.

So, I'll soon try the first remastering now.