-
Senior Member
registered user
@ Itman007
It was not obvious to me yours was an HD install.
Mine is a LiveUSB install and I forget not everyone's is.
My instructions apply to the LiveUSB case only, which has this
peculiar feature of allowing only a very brief chance at boot
to add persistent store.
Persistent store may not be a built-in capability for hard-drive
installs of Knoppix 6.4.4
Klaus K, the developer, I believe, tries to discourage HD installs
of Knoppix, and suggests rather Debian for this purpose.
There are some on this forum that utilize a technique called
poor-man's install to use and HDD to store the iso. This was
commonly used in Knoppixes earlier than 6, I think. I think this
may still leave you with a persistent store enigma to solve.
Knoppix 6.4.4 is uniquely suited to LiveUSB installs and will work
with any USB of 2 Gb or greater capacity. Most users swear by 4 Gb
or greater, but 2 Gb will work. If you have and can use a USB
or SD Card, I highly recommend you try that approach.
Sorry I've led you astray earlier.
Last edited by utu; 07-11-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Huge Lot of Vintage Computer Brochures, Catalogs, etc. - 1980's - SEE PICS
$100.00

Vintage Software - Ultimate Flight Pack, Ultima Online, School House Rock Mac PC
$33.00

Apple Extended Keyboard II Vintage Keyboard with Original Box & Cable
$110.00

Vintage 2006 Juicy Couture House of Juicy Velour Laptop Sleeve Y2K NWT Rare
$199.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00