... which version of Knoppix do you use, EN or DE version?
Try the cheatcode 'knoppix lang=us keyboard=us xkeyboard=us'
Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.4.4 remaster)
When I try and remaster Knoppix 6.4.4 for some reason the keyboard defaults back to the German layout instead of the US layout. I'm not sure why this is happening as I can remaster versions of 6.2 in the same way without the keyboard changing. I don't know at what point in the boot process the change is occurring as I can enter cheat codes with the keyboard still in the US layout. Even if I boot using the 'knoppix lang=us' cheat code however, the keyboard still defaults back to German after boot finishes.
If you need any additional information let me know and I will be happy to provide. Thanks in advance for any help.
... which version of Knoppix do you use, EN or DE version?
Try the cheatcode 'knoppix lang=us keyboard=us xkeyboard=us'
Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.4.4 remaster)
EN, when running the original Knoppix off the CD the keyboard is fine, only when I use the remaster it do I have problems.
Using the cheatcode 'knoppix lang=us keyboard=us xkeyboard=us' results in the same issue with the keyboard still in the incorrect layout.
... I replied to your Message Inbox.
Ok I have finally found a solution to my problem with thanks going to Werner for tremendous amounts of help
After some playing around I found that the command 'loadkeys us' would successfully change my keyboard layout from de to us. But since I am remastering this image for another user, I needed to plan for as little input on their part as possible (the system should be working as they need it when it starts up). To avoid having them type the loadkeys command each time the system boots, I created an extremely basic script to just run the command:
Obviously the echo line was for testing purposes and can be omitted. I placed this script in a folder where a few other unrelated scripts are running at boot (/etc/rcS.d) and was pleased to see that it actually worked as intended.Code:#!/bin/bash echo changing keyboard layout loadkeys us
I'm still not sure why the keyboard was changing to German in the first place since I was using the En version of Knoppix, but this workaround will suit my needs. Hopefully this solution will help some other people as I had been searching for some time and could not find any working solution.
Once again many thanks to Werner as I could not have reached this solution without his assistance.
... not worth mentioning my help. But your little script is a patchwork, not a solution for an error you get while using either an out-of-date or buggy remastering description.
System-wide changes may be placed in /etc/rc.local - before the final exit 0 line there. Don't know if that is an optimal or even usable place to set keyboard layout, though.

Apple Vintage Macintosh MacWrite & MacPaint Boxed Software. UNTESTED. sealed
$199.99
VINTAGE FACTORY SEALED MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER 4.0 CD-ROM - NEW RARE BLUE CD
$34.99
Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000 Computer w/Service Manual & DOS Disks Cov
$275.00
Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99
Vintage Thunderware Thunderclock Plus Apple II/IIe UNTESTED
$49.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Computer Computer Memory EX32 EDO - KCP601 - Gold Silver
$30.00
34 Vintage Disks of Corel Software on 3.5" Floppy Disks
$25.95
Vintage AppleCD 300i Plus CD-ROM Optical Drive SCSI 1993 Used
$47.99
Vintage Toshiba XM-6201B SCSI 50 Pin CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99