-
Ok I have finally found a solution to my problem with thanks going to Werner for tremendous amounts of help 
After some playing around I found that the command 'loadkeys us' would successfully change my keyboard layout from de to us. But since I am remastering this image for another user, I needed to plan for as little input on their part as possible (the system should be working as they need it when it starts up). To avoid having them type the loadkeys command each time the system boots, I created an extremely basic script to just run the command:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
echo changing keyboard layout
loadkeys us
Obviously the echo line was for testing purposes and can be omitted. I placed this script in a folder where a few other unrelated scripts are running at boot (/etc/rcS.d) and was pleased to see that it actually worked as intended.
I'm still not sure why the keyboard was changing to German in the first place since I was using the En version of Knoppix, but this workaround will suit my needs. Hopefully this solution will help some other people as I had been searching for some time and could not find any working solution.
Once again many thanks to Werner as I could not have reached this solution without his assistance.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1774.24

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$461.10

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$255.98

Micron 1TB NVMe Gen4 X4 M.2 2280 Solid State Drive
$90.00

NEW SGIN 18.5" Laptop Intel Core i3-10100Y 16GB RAM 1TB SSD RJ45 USB-C Win11
$402.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99