Take a look at this file :-
/etc/default/acpi-support, a few things are important there.
Make sure LID_SLEEP=true.
If it has been commented, uncomment it.
I use the knoppix 6.4.4 cd edition installed on usb stick.
When I run pm-suspend it correctly suspends, if I run /etc/acpi/suspend.sh it correctly suspends but when I close my laptop's lid it doesn't work.
any suggestions?
Take a look at this file :-
/etc/default/acpi-support, a few things are important there.
Make sure LID_SLEEP=true.
If it has been commented, uncomment it.
It works, thank you![]()
When running with an external monitor (like I do almost all the time), you don't want it to suspend when you close the lid - so I don't think this default should be called a bug.

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 400800 PAL CPU6502C Sally PCB with PAL ANTIC GTIA G3D
$70.00
VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75