See my post #3 at:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/threads...ht=persistence
Using Knoppix 6.4 I installed to hd from the Knoppix HD Install link under Preferences. All is working fine other than I cant get it to save changes. During setup there was no option for configuring save changes. Can someone give me directions. Thanks greatly!
See my post #3 at:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/threads...ht=persistence
... you did "HD Installation", did you? Then you have a Debian like installation. It isn't an installation of Knoppix with compressed filesystem image and additional persistent memory.installed to hd from the Knoppix HD Install link under Preferences
Your Debian like Knoppix installation works as any other distribution - Debian, Ubuntu, openSUSE, Mandriva and so on.
@ itman007
Please excuse my error; my comments apply only to the LiveUSB situation.
Yes I did use the Install to hd link thats within the prefrences menu of the live dvd. I assumed the install of this manor would keep changes. To my suprise after installing and configuring a reboot wiped out all my changes.
... please start your "Install to hd", type in a terminaland post the output and also the output fromCode:df -hGreetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.htmlCode:blkid
Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.4.4 remaster)
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 07-11-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Sorry fo rthe delay!
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ su
root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rootfs 19G 8.6G 11G 45% /
/dev/root 19G 8.6G 11G 45% /
tmpfs 2.0G 8.0K 2.0G 1% /tmp
udev 20M 364K 20M 2% /dev
tmpfs 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /dev/shm
root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# blkid
/dev/sda1: UUID="30c9b7ea-45d2-42d5-b27b-cb4b4e25d251" TYPE="swap"
/dev/sda2: LABEL="XPOS" UUID="25CA52804E148827" TYPE="ntfs"
/dev/sda3: UUID="7559c1a2-cc62-415c-8687-71b08891c43c" TYPE="reiserfs"
/dev/sdb: LABEL="XP_Freeze" UUID="25CA52804E148827" TYPE="ntfs"
/dev/sdc1: LABEL="KINGSTON" UUID="F4A4-243D" TYPE="vfat"
root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix#
... ok, you have real a HD Installation of Knoppix on /dev/sda3. Therefore I cannot understand, what you mean withWhat had been "wiped out"?To my suprise after installing and configuring a reboot wiped out all my changes.
But what's about /dev/sdc1? Is there also a Knoppix installation? Perhaps flash disk installation?
Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.4.4 remaster)
Once booted to Knoppix I install webmin and nic drivers. But these are to reinstall every time the pc is rebooted. I again have to reinstall webmin and nic drivers. Knoppix doesnt save my changes. Does this help understand? Knoppix is only installed on sda3. Windows on sda2 which works and another version of windows on the second hard drive sdb, which will not boot. I select it at the grub menu but no luck.
... how did you install "webmin and nic drivers"? I cannot found those with aptitude.
And please read Warning.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC
$4.95