Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: [url]www.knoppix.net/Docs[/url] doesnt open on this site

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    10

    www.knoppix.net/Docs doesnt open on this site

    As many of them suggested I've tried opning this http://www/knoppix.net/docs & it doesnt open. I have even logged in. evn then it doesnt open. Is there a solution or any other way to get into there.. I even awaited for abt 20 minutes & doesnt open. Other sites & even this site opens pretty fast on my system..
    Thanx in advance

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    It works fine here also the url above is a typo it should be http://www.knoppix.net/docs/.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    When I click on the Docs link at the top of the page, I am able to make it to the docs section w/o any problem. When I click on your link, I am taken to yahoo! What the heck did you do? I'm looking at the source of this page and I still don't see how this is linking to yahoo.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    That was really wierd. I swear that this link was taking me to the yahoo home page and now it just opens a page to the docs section. Some wierd html voodo going on here.

    -----------------------------
    edit
    -----------------------------

    I take it back I was clicking on Stephen's link. The one offered by ksskruthic still takes me to yahoo. wierd.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    I believe it is browser related(taking you to yahoo). I have seen this before when using IE(in XP of course). When it cannot find a site, I was taken to an MSN search page. I tried to open the malformed address in konqueror, I just get a plain address incorrect page by konqueror, nothing special.

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    10
    Hey I can tellu how it takes u to yahoo's page if i could open the docs page.. I cant do that ..doe it require any special permissions??
    The link above is not displaying anything except the top 2 lines. but the (IE) browser says the page is going to be displayed

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I still don't have the yahoo thing figured out, but I can tell you that it isn't an IE thing. I never use IE. Previously I was using Mozilla-Firebird 0.6 on an installed Knoppix. It doesn't happen in Konqueror though.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix Documentation /docs
    By ibrewale in forum General Support
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 02:22 AM
  2. Knoppix Docs in English ?
    By green_man in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 05:35 PM
  3. New Knoppix Site Link: Url for Debain Newbie Docs
    By beforewisdom in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 01:07 PM
  4. Useful Link For The Knoppix Site
    By beforewisdom in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 01:06 PM
  5. download knoppix from a mirror site to make a bootable CD
    By tivadarpreiss in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 01:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED picture

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED

$2999.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$240.00



Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch picture

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch

$749.99



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module

$30.00



nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply picture

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply

$200.00



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00