-
Games in Linux question by newbie
Hello,
First of all, sorry if this is a common question.
Second, I play a lot of games, especially Star Trek Armada 2 and Star Trek Bridge Commander.
But I am fed up with Windows, so I am thinking of switching to Linux, now my question is, can I play games that are meant for Windows in Linux (with or without another program) in any way?
I have asked the manufacturer, but they don't reply.
Thanks for your time,
mldaalder
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Games in Linux question by newbie

Originally Posted by
mldaalder
...I am fed up with Windows, so I am thinking of switching to Linux, now my question is, can I play games that are meant for Windows in Linux (with or without another program) in any way?
Wine is on the disk, a program which provides support for Windows programs running under Linux. There is also a game-optimized version, called WineX, available from http://www.transgaming.com -- I have not tried it, but you can ask arond that site for more info.
-
Thanks!
I check that out, if it works then I can finaly seal that MicroFracture.
-
I have knoppix now, it has wine, so would that also work for games?
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
mldaalder
I have knoppix now, it has wine, so would that also work for games?
Give it a try and find out that's really the only way to tell anyway.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Winex has a lot of extra stuff in it not in stock Wine. I don't think that wine will work nearly as well with your games.
You really should check out the following page for more info on Wine and Winex:
http://franksworld.net/
It's a very good resource for this stuff.
Similar Threads
-
By tarekeldeeb in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-17-2005, 02:15 PM
-
By styven in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 12:15 AM
-
By Shaba1 in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 09-21-2004, 01:41 AM
-
By gt300 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-22-2004, 06:32 PM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

WICO Computer Command Apple II Analog Joystick Adaptor NOS 72-4525
$59.99

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

Vintage HP 82166A HP-IL Converter Custom “The BOX” TTL/DAC Interface Controller
$499.99