Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
My impression of VirtualBox is that it offers some rudimentary
Virtual capability, but is not a very satisfactory environment
to work around in for very long. The price is right, however.
May I suggest that your impression of VirtualBox may be somewhat influenced by you "insisting" on running it off a Windows host, with all M$ antics in effect, rather than on a host built on a more empowering philosphy? Perform the described poor man's install, add the storage, boot Knoppix natively, and then you can experiment with Knoppix Virtualbox.
I may come back with some notes on that - but virtualization in itself isn't that interesting to me. And I have never understood the people running Linux guests on Wondows hosts instead of the other way around, when they have a choice. And as I just have shown, with Knoppix you always have a choice .