Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
I have started researching 'ntfs-3g' on this forum and find that
using ntfs for remastering was a hot topic in early May of this
year. Use the forum search function to see where Forester
suggested it in so many words.

Some of the current cast of characters on this topic were then
just as uncertain about its advisability as I have expressed.

What was the Defining Experience that made you (anyone) become
less concerned with whether this was a risky business or not?
First, you have to distingush between full use of NTFS, e.g. for file system administration, and the very restricted use with this method, For instance, I would not recommend expanding the store files, rather create them anew, as I did with store.img yesterday.
Second, there is an issue of relative risk. And the relative risk using ntfs-3g relative to using NTFS natively, is way lower than I had realized.
Third, the use of NTFS for such purposes is exploding. Are the error reports also exploding, from competent users? Go figure.