Sure, but I perceive this mostly to be a problem for Knoppix. Persistent image is inherently unsafe storage because of non-proper shutdown. If lack of proper file closure causes a file system corruption problem after random access to an established, allocation-wise unchanged file, then NTFS is worse than I am able to believe it is. Any program, at any time, might get stuck and die, leaving open files behind, and Windows can't rely on any special OS monitor being alive and kicking at the time to fix it.
Do you think this bug may corrupt NTFS?
In any case, please register this as a bug, as you know so much about it, and have a fix: http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Bugs/6.4.4DVD. Very nice if you could include your patch(es) too. Of course, Klaus K is completely free to ignore all bug reports/suggestions, but the bug pages on the wiki here have been actively used by Klaus&co in earlier releases.
Then go ahead and log it! I don't want to "spam" the knoppix-devel list with lots of detailed bug reports, but presenting a list of bugs/misfeatures, we may expect them to be corrected.
And that shutdown thing is important, I think, so please file it.
BTW, I think Knoppix just turned 10![]()

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND 2.5” SATA III SSD
$40.00
Samsung 2.5" MZ-ZLN512C 512GB SATA III 6Gbps SSD MZ7LN512HAJQ-000H1
$49.99