-
Please help me sort out my e-mail problem
I have installed Postfix.
Postfix was configured. I can telnet to Postfix. Postfix is accepting mail correctly from the outside world.
I have installed Courier-IMAP.
Courier-IMAP configuration has been left default. I can telnet to Courier-IMAP.
I have created a UNIX user account (user name: lol) (password: 11).
I am using Thunderbird as my mail client. Thunderbird can see both SMTP (Postfix) and IMAP (Courier-IMAP) servers. I am using the user name "lol" and password "11" to login - the problem is that Thunderbird is saying I have the wrong user name and password.
I have tried logging in via Telnet, and this is what I get:
telnet localhost 143
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2008 Double Precision, Inc. See COPYING for distribution information.
AB LOGIN "lol" "11"
* BYE [ALERT] Fatal error: No such file or directory: No such file or directory
Connection closed by foreign host.
What have I done wrong?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99