I have installed Postfix.
Postfix was configured. I can telnet to Postfix. Postfix is accepting mail correctly from the outside world.
I have installed Courier-IMAP.
Courier-IMAP configuration has been left default. I can telnet to Courier-IMAP.
I have created a UNIX user account (user name: lol) (password: 11).
I am using Thunderbird as my mail client. Thunderbird can see both SMTP (Postfix) and IMAP (Courier-IMAP) servers. I am using the user name "lol" and password "11" to login - the problem is that Thunderbird is saying I have the wrong user name and password.
I have tried logging in via Telnet, and this is what I get:
What have I done wrong?telnet localhost 143
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2008 Double Precision, Inc. See COPYING for distribution information.
AB LOGIN "lol" "11"
* BYE [ALERT] Fatal error: No such file or directory: No such file or directory
Connection closed by foreign host.

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00
Cisco Catalyst C9300-48U-E 48-Port UPOE Network Switch
$650.00
Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99
Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00
nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00