Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Broadcom wifi driver

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3

    Talking Broadcom wifi driver

    I'm trying to "make" the broadcom wireless drivers from this page:

    http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php

    Unfortunately, it will not work. I've tried just about everything that I can think of, being a relative newb to Linux (google helps). I'm getting an error when attempting to compile:

    "Relocatable linking with relocations from format elf32-i386 to format elf64-x86-64 not supported."

    From what I can tell, it means I need to force the make process to stick to either 32 or 64 bit, but the only option I can find does nothing. (TARGET=x86_64-elf)

    Can someone either help me troubleshoot the 32/64-bit problem, or simply make the driver and attach it to a reply? I'm really stuck here... Anyone that could actually compile that and attach it would be my hero. Forever.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    @ trader5050

    Something's not right here.
    The Broadcom STA driver is built-in to Knoppix 6.
    One of the finer features of Knoppix vs the Ubuntu spectrum of linux offerings.

    If your Knoppix is working, just not on-line, then
    let's start over with why can't you get your wifi on-line.
    What do you get for lspci | grep -i bcm?
    What do you get for lsmod | grep -i wl?
    What do you get for ifconfig?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1671.47



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Apple iPad Pro 12.9

Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 5th Gen 128GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Wi-Fi Or Cellular - Good

$489.99



Silicon Power 1TB SSD 3D NAND A55 SLC SATA III 2.5

Silicon Power 1TB SSD 3D NAND A55 SLC SATA III 2.5" SSD Laptop XBOX PS3 PC

$119.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99