Hi mailman
I have the same problem. (I need to access a mysql db on my backup server from the main server.)
Did you ever get anywhere with this one? Any advice gratefully received...
Regards
Dave Robinson
I started tinkering with knoppix, again, and have it installed on hard drive.
Everything appears to have worked, except, now I cannot export my /home directory to my other machine. I'm getting the error;
mount: RPC: Program not registered
I did have debian, sarge installed, but I had a difficult time getting some hardware found/configured, etc. knoppix did it correctly.
I have the same entries I had under sarge, in the /etc/exports file, but right now, I'm at a loss as to how to get my NFS mount/export reestablished.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Hi mailman
I have the same problem. (I need to access a mysql db on my backup server from the main server.)
Did you ever get anywhere with this one? Any advice gratefully received...
Regards
Dave Robinson
On the redhat machine I run the following calls;
/usr/sbin/xinetd
/etc/rc.d/init.d/portmap restart
/etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs restart
/usr/sbin/exportfs -rav
On the debian machine,. I ran the comparable.
After a couple of simultaneous reboots, it works like a champ.
On the debian /etc/fstab, I have the following;
anza:/home/rodney /mnt/anza nfs rw,addr=192.168.1.105 0 0
anza:/mnt/firewire /mnt/firewire nfs rw,addr=192.168.1.105 0 0
anza:/iso-images /mnt/iso nfs rw,addr=192.168.1.105 0 0
Try commenting out the line that says:
ALL : ALL@ALL : DENY
in /etc/hosts.allow
so it has:
# ALL : ALL@ALL : DENY
instead...

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00
Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50
Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00
Commodore Amiga Color CRT Monitor Model 1084S-P Stereo - Parts Or Repair
$100.00
(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
NOB AlfaData AlfaScan Plus Hand Scanner for Commodore Amiga 256 Grayscale RARE
$149.99
Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99