Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: can't access tty / "job control off

  1. #1

    can't access tty / "job control off

    I downloaded and burned both Knoppix 6.4.4, CD as well as Knoppix 6.4.4, DVD but get this error using both discs when the computer starts up. I've done a search in the forum and Google for solutions but didn't find anything.

    I am using Windows XP, Home Edition, Version 2002, SP3.

    If there is any other information I need to provide please let me know. Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    .. if you boot your computer with Knoppix, then you have a live session of Knoppix and it doesn't care which OS (WinXP) is installed at harddrive.

    Perhaps you have to boot Knoppix with a cheatcode. Try:

    knoppix acpi=off nolapic hpet=off nodma
    Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
    Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.4.4 remaster)

  3. #3
    Werner, thank you for the help. I type the command line into the debugging shell that shows up after the error and it says it was "not found." Seems nothing is mounted. Is there something else I should be doing?

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124

  5. #5
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    ... you have to type in the cheatcode, when the little penguin appears and you see the bottom-line

    "boot:"

    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes

  6. #6
    Thank you for the link to the cheat codes page. On that page, I see this:

    The format is "kernel option option option ...". Usually "knoppix" is the right selection for the "kernel".
    ...which corresponds to the code you gave me earlier:

    knoppix acpi=off nolapic hpet=off nodma
    ...which I typed exactly as is directly into the debugging shell after the initial error I posted at the beginning of this thread. However, the response I get is:

    knoppix not found
    If anyone has any more suggestions, I'd be very grateful.

  7. #7
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    ... you have to type in the cheatcode, when the little penguin appears and you see the bottom-line

    "boot:"
    and not
    directly into the debugging shell after the initial error
    At this time you cannot enter cheatcodes!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch

$69.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$205.00



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module

$30.00



CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New  picture

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New

$1049.00



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch

$39.99