hi,
try editing /etc/lilo.conf in your mandrake:
add the lines:
after that run:Code:other=/dev/hdb8 label="Knoppix"
lilo
,I guess reboot and your problem is solved ..![]()
Hi,
Please can anyone help with this?
I have just installed Knoppix 3.2 on my 2nd hard drive which already has Mandrake 9.1 on it with Lilo working nicely with Win98 + XP on my main hard drive.
I opted to install Lilo again during the Knoppix install but there is only one Linux entry ( the Mandrake install ) listed in the Lilo boot screen. I also made a boot floppy so I can access the install no problem.
Do I have to edit the Mandrake lilo config file and add an entry for the Knoppix install location?
I'm not sure how to do this, can I have 2 Linux entries or does each have some sort of linked entry?
What I would like to have is one listing for Mandrake and one for Knoppix.
My drives are partitioned as follows:-
hda ---- various Windows partitions
hdb1 ---- Mandrake Root
hdb5 ---- Mandrake Swap
hdb6 ---- Mandrake Home
hdb7 ---- Knoppix Swap
hdb8 ---- Knoppix Root
I am still a Newbie ( after 2 years playing with Linux!! ) so please forgive anything above which may seem daft!
Thanks.
hi,
try editing /etc/lilo.conf in your mandrake:
add the lines:
after that run:Code:other=/dev/hdb8 label="Knoppix"
lilo
,I guess reboot and your problem is solved ..![]()

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold
$121.00
128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM
$120.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00