-
Junior Member
registered user
How to install GnuCash 1.8.4-1 on Knoppix 3.2 0606
Had a bit of fun this morning! Starting off with a fresh install of Knoppix 3.2 06-06, I decided to add:
gnucash_1.8.4-1_i386.deb
And in order to meet all of it's dependencies, I needed to add:
bonobo_1.0.22-2.1_i386.deb
gnome-bin_1.4.2-13_i386.deb
gnome-libs-data_1.4.2-13_all.deb
guile-1.6-libs_1.6.4-2_i386.deb
guile-1.6-slib_1.6.4-2_all.deb
guile-1.6_1.6.4-2_i386.deb
libart2_1.4.2-13_i386.deb
libbonobo2_1.0.22-2.1_i386.deb
libdb3_3.2.9-18_i386.deb
libefs1_1.0.22-2.1_i386.deb
libfinance-quote-perl_1.07-2_all.deb
libgal23_0.24-1.3_i386.deb
libgdk-pixbuf-gnome2_0.22.0-2.0.1_i386.deb
libgdk-pixbuf2_0.22.0-2.0.1_i386.deb
libghttp1_1.0.9-9_i386.deb
libglade-gnome0_0.17-2.7_i386.deb
libglade0_0.17-2.7_i386.deb
libgnome32_1.4.2-13_i386.deb
libgnomeprint-bin_0.37-3_i386.deb
libgnomeprint-data_0.37-3_all.deb
libgnomeprint15_0.37-3_i386.deb
libgnomesupport0_1.4.2-13_i386.deb
libgnomeui32_1.4.2-13_i386.deb
libgnorba27_1.4.2-13_i386.deb
libgnorbagtk0_1.4.2-13_i386.deb
libgtkhtml20_1.0.4-5.1_i386.deb
libguile-ltdl-1_1.6.4-2_i386.deb
libguppi16_0.40.3-6_i386.deb
libgwrapguile1_1.3.4-8_i386.deb
libhtml-tableextract-perl_1.08-1_all.deb
liboaf0_0.6.10-3_i386.deb
libofx0c102_0.6.4-2_i386.deb
liborbit0_0.5.17-9_i386.deb
libosp3c102_1.5release-3_i386.deb
libpopt0_1.7-2_i386.deb
libqthreads-12_1.6.4-2_i386.deb
libxml1_1.8.17-2_i386.deb
libzvt2_1.4.2-13_i386.deb
oaf_0.6.10-3_i386.deb
slib_2d4-2_all.deb
xlibs_4.2.1-8_i386.deb
Aside from the sheer number of packages involved, this is a pretty straightforward installation. I used Kpackage to install (kind of a hassle as you can only open one file at a time) . It'll complain that dependancies haven't been met, and that packages are being left unconfigured. I then clicked Kpackage's "new" tab, checked off all of the new packages not yet properly set up, clicked "Install Marked", and that completed the install.
Jeff
-
Senior Member
registered user
I sure hope you didn't add all those packages manually, because there is a much easier way.
I got gnucash by doing the following:
apt-get -t unstable install gnucash
All the dependencies were taken care of.
I'm glad you got it in, but I really can't see the point of kpackage on a debian system that can use apt.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-05-2005, 05:28 PM
-
By nmz787 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 09:17 AM
-
By damoncf in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-09-2004, 11:27 PM
-
By Superstoned in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 03:04 PM
-
By salmansheikh in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-30-2003, 03:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99

Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA
$325.00

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex
$159.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Gen 2a 8-Core 5850U 1.90GHz 512GB SSD 16GB RAM - #252127
$275.00

Dell Precision 3561 8 Core i7 11th 16GB 512SSD NVIDIA Quadro T1200 W11 Grade A-
$473.87