-
Starting VNC server automatically in a PXE booted client
Hello, I am working a a small customization and I don't want to re master 100% to get it done.
I am basically PXE booting KNOPPIX 6.2 via a Windows2008 terminal server. Works pretty good I have exported the NFS share and have TFTP server running and am up and booting perfectly. Its almost perfect except for 2 things.
1. I need to start up VNCSERVER automatically for the helpdesk to be able to remote support the PC
(The PCs are being turned dumb and they will network boot knoppix and RDP into a windows terminal server).
2. I need to get an RDP client icon on the desktop with an easy or centralized way to update the RDP session and connection information.
I don't want a full blown re-master done. For many reasons involving the work and Q&A but my co- workers might not be able to support it if I ever leave my job or get hit by a bus.
My preferred way is to edit the inittab.secure file(located in miniroot) to execute what I need.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I need to start VNC server and set the password for the helpdesk. As well as get the "Terminal Server Client" icon on the desktop with some way of easily updating connection info.
I was thinking of just making a saved connection file in /mnt-system and have the user load it. That way in the future I can just go in to windows server and edit the file in a txt editor to change a minor parameter if necessary.
But the stumper is VNCSERVER, getting it to start and run for the helpdesk (with their preferred password set).
Any help is appreciated.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G
$75.00

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00