-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
fenzda
Hello all. I installed knoppix 6.2(DVD) onto a hard drive.
......
Another wierd thing was I don't have adminstrative priveleges to everything. Why the heck
not?
Also, with 5.2 I was able to find my windows printer on a another pc. CUPS seems to be a hassle now. And I had a config file and could setup my own swap file. I thought newer versions were supposed to be better? At least wireless is no longer a hassle. Done with my rants ...
I suggest you upgrade to 6.4.4 or 6.7.0, as printer setup. among other things has got a makeover to make things simpler for the end user. It worked for me, full functionality, in 6.2.1 too, but much harder to use.
If you can't get superuser privileges with su/sudo, something is very wrong with your copy. Swapfile use has always worked perfectly for me as superuser.
Beware that quite a few problems have surfaced and then gone away again through the various releases, most of them Linux/X/Debian-related, not Knoppix-specific. Knoppix now is very close to standard Debian, package-wise.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00