-
Soundcard not detected
Hi,
Before I begin, let me say I am VERY new to knoppix and linux in general. I hope this isn't a problem, so please be gentle with me. Just booted up the CD and it looks pretty cool. My problem is I have no sound, and in sound config, it won't detect my card.
I've got a crappy Rockwell HCF Winmodem, with built in sound, but I don't care about getting the modem part working as I have cable, but I do want sound, which under Windows uses Riptide drivers.
I've seen a couple of posts about getting this kind of modem working, but I only need the sound, and I haven't found anything about that.
So, please please please can someone give me some hand holding on how to get this working :P
Thanks
Chris
Similar Threads
-
By jfhawk06 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-27-2005, 02:46 PM
-
By Albanianlord in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-20-2005, 05:24 PM
-
By empro in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-12-2004, 09:17 PM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-06-2004, 09:52 PM
-
By brian in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 01:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00