-
Senior Member
registered user
A note on the Adriane suite of programs
.
I was familiar with Adriane, a capability of Knoppix, from using versions
earlier than the current 6.7. In 6.4.4, for example, there were
Adriane versions as well as Knoppix versions available for download,
confusing some newcomers.
The situation now seems even a bit more confusing.
I didn't see an Adriane Version of Knoppix 6.7 as such, just a single
Knoppix 6.7 distribution.
Within Knoppix 6.7 there appears to be a significant upgrade of Adriane
to 1.4-4 from 1.3-3 on Knoppix 6.4.4 but without any explicit menu choice
even to indicate its presence.
It is clear this is an important feature of current-day Knoppix and
a feature especially meaningful to Klaus Knopper, the author of this
fine distribution of Linux.
If you haven't already, I recommend that you read the adriane write-up from
earlier this year. This article is a good introduction to the subject.
I am not aware of a companion write-up which discusses the current upgrade
of this capability.
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-adriane/index-en.html
-
Senior Member
registered user
Update:
Adriane 6.7 Versions now showing up in mirrors.
CD versions same size as Knoppix versions, same as in 6.4.4.
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user
Utu,
I have not got 6.7 yet but from the knopper.net page you give the booting of Adriane is no different from earlier versions.
There is no difference in the Knoppix base files wih a Knoppix iso and an Adriane iso. The difference is simply in the default boot up option.
If you look at the syslinux config file on the CD you will see that when you want adriane you give it as a boot code to the knoppix line.
Calling up knoppix or adriane at the start simply chooses the right section of the syslinux config file to execute.
If you don't give anything the Knoppix labelled CD defaults to the knoppix section of the config file and the Adriane labelled CD defaults to the adriane section.
I suppose having 2 separate CDs makes it easy for novices but techies like yourself should be able to get what you want from either CD.
-
Senior Member
registered user
@ ICPUG
Thank you for your comments. I agree to them all.
I think you will like 6.7 when you try it.
I ran across the Knoppix 6.7 version alone and could not
at first find any explanatory info, such as that indicated
in my post #3. That cleared up a lot of things that
initially troubled me.
Cheers.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Team-Group T-force 2x8GB Desktop Memory
$50.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black
$429.94

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00