-
Senior Member
registered user
@ secdroid.
I have formatted a 4 Gb usb as a single partition
of Fat32 with GParted, using a Knoppix 6.7 CD.
Then, also using the LiveCD, made a LiveUSB, allowing
2 GB for persistent store, and allowing grub to be
installed to the MBR of the USB.
This leaves about 1Gb unassigned on the USB for whatever
use I might make of it.
It leaves my computer's MBR unchanged;
I select USB from among the media boot choices already
available on my computer's boot program, whatever it is.
Works for me, and I don't know a simpler way.
If you are trying to install to a 1 Gb partition,
I don't think you will have enough room for any significant
persistent store. 2 Gb will work well enough, except don't
try a full upgrade of all programs.
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$248.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Firewalla Purple SE Cyber Security Firewall Home Business VPN…
$215.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$219.99

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50