-
Senior Member
registered user
I've been using different sizes Kingston datatravelers for booting Knoppix for a few years now also on older and newer Dells, never any problem with either syslinux booting (default flash disk install) or grub (setup an ext2 partition on the drive).
I suspect the troubles may have to do with MBR/partition table issues. I would therefore, as a first shot at it, use fdisk, delete the partition table, recreate it with 1-2 partitions (big FAT32 + small ext2 for evt grub install later), make FAT32 partition active, and run Knoppix flash install again, with formatting. As a second try, repeat fdisking, but use mkfs.vfat from command line instead of flash install to create the file system.
As a second shot,I would have tried installing grub to MBR and second, small ext2 booting partition. I have posted about this method here on the forums.
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$75.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Dell Precision 7670 i7-12850HX 2.1GHz 32GB 1TB NVMe 16" A1000 Win 11 Pro: Good
$649.00

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00