-
Senior Member
registered user
@ secdroid.
I have formatted a 4 Gb usb as a single partition
of Fat32 with GParted, using a Knoppix 6.7 CD.
Then, also using the LiveCD, made a LiveUSB, allowing
2 GB for persistent store, and allowing grub to be
installed to the MBR of the USB.
This leaves about 1Gb unassigned on the USB for whatever
use I might make of it.
It leaves my computer's MBR unchanged;
I select USB from among the media boot choices already
available on my computer's boot program, whatever it is.
Works for me, and I don't know a simpler way.
If you are trying to install to a 1 Gb partition,
I don't think you will have enough room for any significant
persistent store. 2 Gb will work well enough, except don't
try a full upgrade of all programs.
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95