-
Senior Member
registered user
I've been using different sizes Kingston datatravelers for booting Knoppix for a few years now also on older and newer Dells, never any problem with either syslinux booting (default flash disk install) or grub (setup an ext2 partition on the drive).
I suspect the troubles may have to do with MBR/partition table issues. I would therefore, as a first shot at it, use fdisk, delete the partition table, recreate it with 1-2 partitions (big FAT32 + small ext2 for evt grub install later), make FAT32 partition active, and run Knoppix flash install again, with formatting. As a second try, repeat fdisking, but use mkfs.vfat from command line instead of flash install to create the file system.
As a second shot,I would have tried installing grub to MBR and second, small ext2 booting partition. I have posted about this method here on the forums.
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$184.99

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 8-Core 16-Thread 4.6GHz Max Boost, 3.8 GHz Base
$170.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Dell Inspiron 15 3250 15.6 Touch Screen Laptop Intel core I5, 8GB, 256GB SSD
$379.00

acer swift air 14
$600.00