Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Broadcom wifi driver

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3

    Talking Broadcom wifi driver

    I'm trying to "make" the broadcom wireless drivers from this page:

    http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php

    Unfortunately, it will not work. I've tried just about everything that I can think of, being a relative newb to Linux (google helps). I'm getting an error when attempting to compile:

    "Relocatable linking with relocations from format elf32-i386 to format elf64-x86-64 not supported."

    From what I can tell, it means I need to force the make process to stick to either 32 or 64 bit, but the only option I can find does nothing. (TARGET=x86_64-elf)

    Can someone either help me troubleshoot the 32/64-bit problem, or simply make the driver and attach it to a reply? I'm really stuck here... Anyone that could actually compile that and attach it would be my hero. Forever.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    @ trader5050

    Something's not right here.
    The Broadcom STA driver is built-in to Knoppix 6.
    One of the finer features of Knoppix vs the Ubuntu spectrum of linux offerings.

    If your Knoppix is working, just not on-line, then
    let's start over with why can't you get your wifi on-line.
    What do you get for lspci | grep -i bcm?
    What do you get for lsmod | grep -i wl?
    What do you get for ifconfig?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G) picture

Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)

$32.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$59.99



Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot picture

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot

$79.99



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00