Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Broadcom wifi driver

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3

    Talking Broadcom wifi driver

    I'm trying to "make" the broadcom wireless drivers from this page:

    http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php

    Unfortunately, it will not work. I've tried just about everything that I can think of, being a relative newb to Linux (google helps). I'm getting an error when attempting to compile:

    "Relocatable linking with relocations from format elf32-i386 to format elf64-x86-64 not supported."

    From what I can tell, it means I need to force the make process to stick to either 32 or 64 bit, but the only option I can find does nothing. (TARGET=x86_64-elf)

    Can someone either help me troubleshoot the 32/64-bit problem, or simply make the driver and attach it to a reply? I'm really stuck here... Anyone that could actually compile that and attach it would be my hero. Forever.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    @ trader5050

    Something's not right here.
    The Broadcom STA driver is built-in to Knoppix 6.
    One of the finer features of Knoppix vs the Ubuntu spectrum of linux offerings.

    If your Knoppix is working, just not on-line, then
    let's start over with why can't you get your wifi on-line.
    What do you get for lspci | grep -i bcm?
    What do you get for lsmod | grep -i wl?
    What do you get for ifconfig?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$398.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Gen 2i – i7‑1165G7 – 16GB – No SSD – No AC picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Gen 2i – i7‑1165G7 – 16GB – No SSD – No AC

$240.00



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...

$749.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...

$379.99



Lenovo ThinkCentre M920q Tiny i5-8600T 16GB RAM Mini PC w/ AC Adapter picture

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920q Tiny i5-8600T 16GB RAM Mini PC w/ AC Adapter

$149.99



Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI picture

Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI

$144.00



Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14

Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI

$249.99